Last summer I was in a club called
Innovation Leadership Program where I got elected Chief of Marketing of a
philanthropy event of our choosing. The years before us, the club had always
done banquets or dinners to raise money. I decided I wanted to do something more
interactive and fun to get more people involved in the event. I came up with
the idea to do a Food Truck Field Day on Flavet field. We invited many other
organizations and students to come and join us at this event. We had four food
trucks that all gave us a percentage of their profits. We also had sports and
games all around the field so they could play and eat. As another addition for
donations, we asked professors and advisors to come and get pied in the face for
donations. Overall, this was a fun experience to plan and execute with a team
of great students.
I am enrolled in ENT 3003 for a
course requirement for my minor. Even though this class is required, I am excited
to learn about the entrepreneurial process and the creating of a start-up company.
I have thought many times about starting my own company and creating a brand
for myself. I hope this course will assist me in the process of figuring out if
this is a route I want to pursue.
Hi Erika, theres so many opportunities on campus to gain business and entrepreneurship skills, however many students don't take advantage of this like you did. I like how you took initiative in your program to create a more exciting event. Being an entrepreneur takes some creativity, which I think you displayed in your program.
ReplyDeleteHey Erika,
ReplyDeleteYou had a great idea right there, and I'm really impressed that you came up with this idea I'm pretty sure you helped them a lot! And it's always better to experience those important things for your entrepreneurship with fun because when you have to do something with it in your job later, you will definitely be more productive if you have fun.
Hey Erika,
ReplyDeleteI am very impressed with the idea that you implemented for your program. This is because you are changing the event and inputting your own creative idea as you did is the first step to entrepreneurship. You responded to your target market to make more money for your program. Even though I’m not getting my minor in this class, I agree with you about being excited to learn
more about entrepreneurship throughout this course. Furthermore, I think it was a great idea to put the picture at the beginning of the post as it draws the reader’s attention.
Hello Erika,
ReplyDeleteI think it's very impressive that you came up with your own way of raising money for your program. Making an event to where it will include others and they can have fun while participating is an amazing idea! I also want to start my own company and feel like this class will help me do so.