Thursday, February 20, 2020

11A – Idea Napkin No. 1


1)    I am a second-year advertising major with a minor in innovation. I also have been dancing for 16 years and competed for 12. I would like to be a part of a major advertising agency and maybe open a dance studio of my own. I do not see my business playing a role in my life at the moment but maybe in the future.
2)    I intend to sell a language learning tool that aids children in developing multiple languages. It will teach different languages while also being a game. There will be different levels of the game where it gets harder as you learn more. For example, it might show a picture of an animal as well as say the name of that animal in your native language. You would then need to press the button that correlates to that screen. As it focuses on child learning first, it will then start upgrading to full sentences and grammar. It would connect to an app that tracks your learning process as well as change the language you want to use and learn. 

3)    This will market to parents and young students who want to learn a second language easily. Primarily in the US but the opportunity to grow outside to other countries in the future.

4)    There is a rise of businesses and jobs in the United States that require applicants to speak more than one language, and sometimes more than just two. The demand for bilingual workers has doubled in the past five years. Bilingual children outperform children who only speak one language in problem-solving skills, critical thinking, multitasking, and they have a stronger ability to focus.

5)    Many language learning tools are app-based and are not fun to do. This product makes it a game for kids while teaching them different languages.
I believe most of these elements fit together with my business concept. The one element that is out-of-joint with the others is the one that describes my talents and future goals.

4 comments:

  1. I think this is a great idea, Erika. It is sort of like Rosetta Stone made into a game and for children. If children actually buy into it (which with more and more children playing with iPads and the like at a younger age), it could be a great thing. Learning a language only gets harder the older one gets, and putting the fun into it and engaging children early on would be a great advantage for them later in the workplace, and life in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erika,
    I think your business idea is great because the whole language theme will never get old. Children will always have to learn languages, that will never change. That's why your business idea will never get old. When you do something that you like and enjoy, it automatically works better for you. I think you found something great that also interests you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erika,
    I really do think that this type of item could be very beneficial to the biking community. I believe that this product would be purchased by the age group you had mentioned to plan on selling to. It's good that you recognized that Apple could be a road block for your product, but for safety reasons, I don't see why anyone would not buy the headphones.
    Reply

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Erika,
    The idea behind your app and how it uses a childrens game at first that then gets harder and harder is perfect for the learning process of a new language. Learning a new language isn't fun but I feel like with your product with visuals it could be seen as more fun! People looking for dual language jobs could really benefit from your product as well as Spanish majors, or just even kids learning it in elementary school!

    ReplyDelete