Friday, February 7, 2020

8A – Solving The Problem



There is a rise of businesses and jobs in the United States that require applicants to speak more than one language, and sometimes more than just two. The demand for bilingual workers has doubled in the past five years. Bilingual children outperform children who only speak one language in problem-solving skills, critical thinking, multitasking, and they have a stronger ability to focus. I intend to sell a language learning tool that aids children in developing multiple languages. It will teach different languages while also being a game. There will be different levels of the game where it gets harder as you learn more. For example, it might show a picture of an animal as well as say the name of that animal in your native language. You would then need to press the button that correlates to that screen. As it focuses on child learning first, it will then start upgrading to full sentences and grammar. It would connect to an app that tracks your learning process as well as change the language you want to use and learn. 

4 comments:

  1. Hey Erika,
    Great post! I think your solution is amazing and kids could definitely benefit from a platform like this. I would also encourage parents to be on top of this. Parents would be the ones in charge of their kids education. I would encourage them to start them very young and make them learn as many languages as they can. As a young kid it is easier for them to learn and become fluent faster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erika,
    I think that is a great idea! And even though children might not need the language in their job later, it's always great to know another language and to be able to communicate somewhere else in a different language than your mother language. I personally love to speak my first language German here in the United States because it reminds me how much I like to speak German. It may sound weird, but it's true. I think every bilingual person can agree with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika,

    I found it even more interesting to follow this idea through and see the logistical side of things, especially the demand for bilingual workers being doubled in the past five years. I would love to see more statistics and maybe charts or graphs to emphasize these points, but surely if true this would hold to be huge for your opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Erika. I enjoyed reading this post. The opportunity that you have been pursuing in the last few assignments is one of the better ones I have read in terms of real world value on a global scale. I think starting children on a new language at a younger age is the best way to do it, and making it a game will certainly keep children engaged.

    ReplyDelete