Thursday, March 26, 2020

19A – Idea Napkin No. 2

  1. I am a second-year advertising major with a minor in innovation. I also have been dancing for 16 years and competed for 12. I would like to be a part of a major advertising agency and maybe open a dance studio of my own. I do not see my business playing a role in my life at the moment but maybe in the future.
  2. I intend to sell a language learning tool that aids children in developing multiple languages. It will teach different languages while also being a game. There will be different levels of the game where it gets harder as you learn more. For example, it might show a picture of an animal as well as say the name of that animal in your native language. You would then need to press the button that correlates to that screen. As it focuses on child learning first, it will then start upgrading to full sentences and grammar. It would connect to an app that tracks your learning process as well as change the language you want to use and learn. 
  3. This will market to parents and young students who want to learn a second language easily. Primarily in the US but the opportunity to grow outside to other countries in the future.
  4. There is a rise of businesses and jobs in the United States that require applicants to speak more than one language, and sometimes more than just two. The demand for bilingual workers has doubled in the past five years. Bilingual children outperform children who only speak one language in problem-solving skills, critical thinking, multitasking, and they have a stronger ability to focus.
  5. Many language learning tools are app-based and are not fun to do. This product makes it a game for kids while teaching them different languages.
I believe most of these elements fit together with my business concept. The one element that is out-of-joint with the others is the one that describes my talents and future goals. I did not get any criticism or advice to change or improve my product. All of the feedback I received was positive.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Erika,
    I think your idea to make the language learning a game is great. The kids nowadays start really early to play with iphones or ipads I remember when my sister was younger, she wanted to use an older flip phone like an iphone and tried to use it like a touchscreen, but it didn’t work. The generations that are growing up right now are growing up in that digital age, so it's really smart to adapt to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erika,
    This idea of you wanting to teach students and adults a second language so then they can use it in the workplace. This second language will facilitate better communication with people. The service that you have come up with is very interesting. Good idea to stay with your original thoughts and ideas for this post since you did not receive any negative feedback. This post is well written and goes into a lot of detail about the service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Erika,

    I really enjoyed your post. Your napkin idea is very clear and well elaborated. I was looking at the comments from the first one and I can see you took these into consideration and change a couple of things which really makes a difference. I can see how your product can be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the minor changes you've made! when rereading the project, it looks more clear and easier on the eyes, if that makes sense. You've elaborated more on what you'd like to do, the changes you'd like to make, and how you plan on doing that with your skill sets. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete