1) What was the general theme or argument of the book?
The general theme of this book is giving tips on how to treat your social media presence as a business and how to get your business the attention it deserves.
2) How did the book, in your opinion, connect with and enhance what you are learning in ENT 3003?
This book connected with what I'm learning because it helps navigate you through what your social media needs in order to properly promote your business or brand. As we are learning and creating our own product or service, knowing and learning this information on how to advertise your business on social media is helpful in getting a business off the ground.
3) If you had to design an exercise for this class, based on the book you read, what would that exercise involve?
Create a social media page based on our product using at least 3 tips listed in the book.
4) What was your biggest surprise or 'aha' moment when reading the book? In other words, what did you learn that differed most from your expectations?
The author talked about how you want to post content that your followers want to see and not what you want to create. I found this surprising as I was always taught to do what I love and not care about what others want or think. I was taught to live on my own passion and no one else's so seeing that he suggests posting what people want over your own wants is strange.
Hey Erika,
ReplyDeleteI agree that social media presence is very important as a business. Social media is definitely the leading communication tool in this world. Things can blow up so fast and can get attention over night. I think to have a good social media can be a guarantee for a working business because everything nowadays gets compared, ,and a better social media could be one reason for a company or anyone to work with you instead of a different company who’s social media is bad.
Hey Erika,
ReplyDeleteI agree with your connection from the book that you have read to what we are learning in this class because social media in today’s age is an important median to advertise or market your business to a technological society. I like the activity that you have thought of for the class after reading the book. Also, I believe that you could come up with another idea to even mix with promoting your idea on a social media platform. Finally, I think for the last reading reflection it would be helpful for the reader to know the title of the book you read at the top of your post.
Carson used this book too! It seems the topic of social media is huge concern for most people. You did a great job connecting the book to the class, but I'm wondering if there was a choice to test out four social media platforms and a corporations view of them. Great job!
ReplyDelete