Friday, April 10, 2020

25A – What’s Next?


I want to create different games that virtually do the same thing but with a different process. I also want to find games that can cater to an older audience. When establishing this new product, I think it will attract more people and give other options for how they want to learn.  So, I want this product to be sold in places like Target and Walmart but also online on websites like Amazon. This will help reach a wider amount of people as people can see it in person but buy it online if necessary.

My radically different market is adults that want to learn a language. This is different because my product is designed for children because of the easy game and colors. If I were to make one that suited an older audience, it would be a simple game or one that interested them. I can speak to this as I am an adult and want to see different ways to learn a language. A way I can do this is through card games or games that challenge the mind in a more difficult way than with the children.

This new market does not seem as attractive because people learn languages easiest as children because their brains soak up the most information at s younger age. So, the younger they are when learning a new language, the faster and easier it is. The ideal market is children and parents so more people can learn at a faster rate.

I learned that this new market can be tricky to get because there aren’t as many adults wanting to learn a new language as there are parents and children trying to learn new languages. My expectations and assumptions were correct because children’s minds are at a rate where learning a new language is easier for them than adults.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Erika. I have followed your idea for some time now, and think it's a great idea. I think in learning that the Adult market not being as interested in your product as the existing market, you further realized how important and spot on your existing market truly is. The game aspect just wouldn't work as well for adults I would think, but maybe it wouldn't be so terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erika,
    I believe that by offering your product in popular stores like Target and Walmart and online will make it more successful than other sources of learning another language. I agree that the different markets would be adults because it is harder for them to learn a new language. Teaching kids a new language is proven to be easier for them to learn and become multilingual. I think for the game aspect to work either with kids or adults depends on their personality and how they learn the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Erika,
    I think you have a great market with your product because people will always speak different languages, and people will always want to learn new languages. In this world where every culture comes together, and we have a lot of diverse communities, the learning of language will become even more important that what it was before. For example, students from different countries, like me, come from all over the world to study at UF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Erika,

    I really enjoyed your post. I can see how much effort your put into this post. I believe that your plan of offering your product in this huge stores can be a big push and the boost your company needs in order to really get out there. I think that if you stick to your plan you company will be everywhere in no time at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post might have been my favorite of the three. I see the Effort. That is the biggest amount of effort asked by a single individual by any means necessary. You have pushed and boosted this company to skyrocket into a conglomerate of an organization. Wow is the only thing I can say after basking in your glory. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! The learning growth opportunity is a great advantage to take in today's market, and I agree with Brandon. This is the best of your three. Your passion seeps through your work. I'd love for this to become A REALITY! Go for it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Erika,
    Your overall idea and first market is fantastic with the colorful games and easy learning because the kids will enjoy it. Like you said targeting older people will be harder because they might not learn the language as easy and you would have to develop new games. I however think it's your prime market because adults are very interested in new languages for job searches because if you know multiple languages your chances of landing certain jobs are much higher!

    ReplyDelete